RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENTS
ASV innovations are results of painstaking efforts, with a goal to develop next generation of capable hull forms & - technology for vessels and ships.
Environmental aspects, operational capabilities and economy in use have been key drivers.
Whereas competing technologies are throttling back to achieve acceptable efficiency, ASV’s persistently insist to keep the pace up.
The new ASV technology is made for the 21st Century.
With kind support from European Union, Norwegian Research Council, Innovation Norway, Vinnova and leading companies and institutions in the international maritime community, ESI and subsidiary SE have transferred innovative ideas, to tangible designs with proper scientific documentation and proof of concept.
To stay in the technological forefront, ESI invests considerable resources into research, development and optimization activities. Research results and ASV know-how are adapted to new applications all the time. A few of the latest ASV designs / applications:
- ASV Commuter Ferry – 35 knots – operated on battery power only.
- ASV Fast Landing Crafts – 35– 40 knots – unique beaching capabilities.
- ASV Fast and efficient Offshore Support Vessels (OSV) and crew boats – multiple advantages.
- ASV Single and twin Pod Propulsion hull forms – consuming less than half of the rivals.
- ASV Environmental Friendly Fast Ferries. Innovation Norway project.